Apple has created a lot of buzz with this product launch. My initial reaction when hearing about the iPad was that it’s just a giant iPod touch. This may or may not be exciting depending on who you are but I didn't think the iPad was for me.

Considering the iPad has no multi-tasking capabilities, or even flash, I am unimpressed. Their is an enormous lack of features for a device that's nearing a Netbook. The applications for this device are already in the Appstore and while theirs some great applications, Apple denies a lot of them that have a real chance of taking off (Google Voice for example). It's like they are forcing us to use what they want us to use on their iPad. I however, want freedom to do what I want, when I want. Another one of Apples marketing tactics was battery life. Apple claims you can watch HD video (720p - not actually True HD) before you need to charge the iPad. Although this sounds good, my Netbook that cost me half as much as the iPad can watch video, Play Games, Torrent and blog all at the same time for 10 hours. Plus my netbook can run multiple operating systems unlike the Ipad.

I hate all this, but somehow I'm still intrigued. The iPad may not change the world, but it definitely has a chance. It has pushed technology in a direction of digital tablets as a medium. The possibilities are endless and the potential for the iPad is enormous. The downfall is that it is constrained by the software developed for it.

After all this, I may just have to go buy one.

If your interested in an iPad, Amazon has the 16Gb, wifi version priced at around $620ish: Apple iPad Tablet (16GB, Wifi). You can also pick up a silicone case for about $4: Premium Black Soft Gel Silicone Skin for Apple iPad.